So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Monday, September 28, 2015

Oh what a privilege

I don't always feel this way - sometimes I am too tired or distracted to see the bigger picture.  But then, God gives me a glimpse of what exactly it is that I do day in and day out - and I feel so privileged and under qualified all at the same time.

Day in and day out I have the privilege and responsibility of shaping my children's hearts and minds, nourishing their bodies and souls.  Interpreting the world and events around them into language and imagery they will understand.  Limiting exposure to harmful inputs and lifting them up is the constant theme of my days.  Realizing that this tiny hand belongs to an infinitely valuable heart and an eternal soul, that holding her hand impacts her for eternity.  I am humbled and awed at the trust God placed in me when he made me a mommy.  And I desire to daily fall at His feet begging for grace, wisdom and strength I do not possess on my own to complete this all important task.

Jesus, draw me to yourself, draw me deeper and show me your unending favor so that I might show my children what it means to passionately pursue you and find all our worth and strength in your unmerited favor.


No comments:

Post a Comment