So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Friday, May 6, 2011

My new skirt!

 I decided some time ago that I want to start making more of my own clothes, however I haven't made anything in a long time so I needed to start with something pretty simple.  So I decided to try a skirt first... one with elastic because zippers are a pain!

Pandora was fascinated with the pattern and fabric laid out on my table and kept trying to hold it down for me!  Unfortunately this meant she was right where I needed to pin and cut.

I tried to follow the directions, but I think I made my seams too small, and therefore the skirt a little bigger than I intended.  That's okay though because now it is even more twirly!

It took several weeks to get it all together, but finally I have a twirly skirt!  Now that this is under my belt I might try one with a zipper next!

1 comment: