So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Borsch!

When my parents went to Ukraine for the first time they discovered an amazing soup called Borsch.  I really didn't want to try it when Mom made it the first time because it had beets as one of the ingredients... but I did and it has become one of my favorites EVER!
It is now one of my 'home foods' that Mom makes almost every time we go to her house!  Just in case you are curious it has roast beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, beets, onions, cabbage and tomatoes.  You can either boil the roast to make a beef broth or boil the vegetables in water to make more of a vegetable broth.  This is a great winter soup (since all of those veggies store well) but we got to make it from veggies fresh from the garden, all we had to purchase was the celery (we haven't tried growing celery yet!).  It was marvelous!  Hope you can try something new this week! Maybe you will find a new favorite! 

1 comment:

  1. i love borscht! i had some really great borscht in russia but no one else on my team would try it. they didn't know what they were missing!

    ReplyDelete