So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Memories of a Grown-Up Cookie Lover

When asking my Dad what kind of cookies he wanted this last week, I was expecting him to ask for a tradition choice like chocolate chip or peanut butter.  But when told I would make him whatever he wanted he proceeded to tell me about a cookie my Granny made for him when he was 5 years old.  They must have made quite an impression!  They were shaped like an owl's face with a cashew for the nose, the outside was peanut butter and the inside was chocolate and they had chocolate chips for eyes.  



After I realized how cool these had been to him I was off on a search for the recipe, since I'd never had them before! Most of the recipes had vanilla on the outside and chocolate on the inside so I replaced the vanilla with a refrigerator peanut butter cookie. Dad really liked them and said they tasted like he remembered!  They still need some practice but were really fun!

1 comment:

  1. those are so cute! such a special thing to do for your daddy :)

    ReplyDelete