So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Little things that make a place feel more like home...

Pretty 'Butterweave' warmer!
It has been a long road to making this apartment feel like home but it is slowly being accomplished!  When we were preparing to have part of my family down I was able to get a few more things up that really made a difference.  A big one was taking down the blinds in the living room over the big patio window and putting up curtains, it doesn't seem like it should be a big change but I like it so much better and it made the place feel a lot more like my own!

We also got some pictures up that have been waiting for frames and a shower curtain up in the very blue bathroom.  I decided yellow would compliment that bathroom and maybe mellow it out a bit!  My newest addition didn't get here in time for the family visit but I am excited about it all the same!  Except for some yellow towels it is the last piece for my 'Very Blue' bathroom!  
The 'Very Blue', and now yellow, bathroom!

My dear friend Sarah Edmundson is a consultant for Scentsy, and I am a new fan of their warmers and bars.  I feel safe about using them since there is no flame... I'm bad about forgetting to blow out candles even though I love them and Chris is afraid I'm going to burn the house down!  Point of story, I bought one of the smaller plug in warmers for this bathroom and it looks great!  If you are interested you can visit Sarah's site and check them out!  I highly recommend 'Sticky Cinnamon Bun' for a scent, it is a nicely spicy cinnamon reminiscent of 'Home Sweet Home' from Yankee candle! 


1 comment:

  1. thanks for the shout-out dear! and I'm so glad that you love the new warmer--it looks great!

    ReplyDelete