So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Friday, October 29, 2010

New (to me) Computer!

So Mercy was helping me get a program installed on the laptop she purchased for me when I first came to UF and mentioned that if I ever had any problems with it to let her know because she had a bigger computer that was also pretty new that she was no longer using.  I admit, I was pretty much lusting after for several reasons but the main one being it had a much larger and nicer screen.  I liked this because as I have been writing I notice how much strain it puts on my eyes looking at the computer for any amount of time.  I didn't remember this being a problem while writing my thesis on our home computer and asked Chris about it, he said it was probably due to the size and quality of screen.

So rather reluctantly I asked Mercy if I could switch.  I was afraid to ask because I didn't want her to think me ungrateful and I knew it would be a bit of a hassle getting things off of the current computer and onto the new one.  She was super cool about it though and agreed immediately and helped me get everything switched over.  

It has been so nice!  There are some things that are different, like this has word 2010 instead of 2007 which I am used to, but the adjustment is going very smoothly and I have noticed a huge difference in eye fatigue since using it!  Once again an unexpected answer to prayer!

So please welcome the newest member of our electric family, Eva!
Did I mention its a really pretty purple too!?

1 comment: