So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Getting ready for Camping!

In 2009 Chris and I made a huge trip with my family out west.  Ten people, ten states and one suburban was the logo for that trip!  We tent camped most of the time and saw the Badlands, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, and Custer National Park.  It was Chris and my Brother-in-law's first time to all of these places.  Since then we have all been hankering to go back and have been planning a trip for almost the last year, just to Glacier this time which was pretty much everyone's favorite.  While I won't be able to hike the Highline this go 'round (a 12 mile hike that was really 18 miles that we made in one day), I do hope to be a little better prepared!

Last trip Chris and I weren't ready for the cold at night, or for our air mattress to deflate!  You can tell in this picture how unprepared I was!
Me with all my clothes on and a rain poncho to try to stay warm...
This time we hope to be more prepared!  Part of that is better sleeping bags.  While we had several on the last trip none of them were really rated for the temps we experienced... and since my blood is thinner than last time I figure new bags will be a good investment.  So we found bags that are rated down to 20*F and can zip together, can you tell I'm excited?
Hopefully this time we won't wake up as popsicles!

I can't wait for this trip and to let you see all of our adventures come August!

1 comment: