So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy First Father's Day!!!

Technically Chris was a father this time last year but it seems so much more real now that Ebenezer is here and we have a face to go with the role.

I have been so proud to watch Chris jump into this new season of life. I knew he was going to be a wonderful father long ago as I watched him with my brothers and sisters and because he has been such a considerate and loving husband to me, but that hasn't made watching him transition into this role any less fun!

Chris unashamedly squeals, sings, coos, cuddles, pulls funny faces and laughs in delight to entertain his son. He tackles dirty diapers without fear (or gas mask), has mastered all the baby toys and knows just what to do to comfort his Eb. He earnestly and carefully discusses and plans the future with me, thoughtfully considering decisions as simple as what to do about diapers to bigger issues such as vaccines and college. He has patiently waited for me to adjust to this new role called motherhood and picked up the slack around the house as I do so.

I cannot express how proud, delighted and thankful I am to call him my husband and know that he is the father of my son, and hopefully more children to come! Thank you Lord for letting me watch my husband grow more like You as he imitates You in this new role of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment