So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Newest Little Brother

For those of you who don't know, my parents are in the process of adopting again!  This is really cool and really crazy for me.  I am happy my parents adopt, and my four youngest siblings are no less my siblings because they are adopted, in fact I couldn't imagine our lives without them right now.  The really crazy part about this adoption is the circumstances surrounding the child they are pursuing this time.  They are considering adopting an older boy!  Had you told me this would be happening a year ago I would have called you a liar but some wild things have come together all at once.

After a mission trip to Ukraine this year my parents were made aware of some older children (9-12) who still wanted to be adopted.  After listening to this story they really felt a burden that they should adopt again and quickly started the adoption process (they are really thinking a boy).  The kids soon joined in on the excitement and are continually seeing what they can do to help.  During this process the boy's room has been remodeled (carpet taken up, wallpaper down, and painted) and Mom and Dad have gone through countless paperwork.  They were hoping to have their approval and send their paperwork with another mission group leaving this weekend.  Sadly they have not received all of their paperwork back as soon as they were planning and will need to send it at a later date.  Despite this fact their paperwork has progressed much more quickly than I remember in any of the previous adoptions and they are hopeful to have a new child before Christmas.

Some crazy hoops have been jumped through this time around that did not exist before (like the fact that the postal service changed Mom and Dad's address but the address on their deed-which they need a copy of- was not changed), and it has really made me question if Chris and I will have the fortitude to go through this process should we choose to adopt.  I am so happy we have been here to help Mom and Dad out since part of the reason that the process is going quicker is that mom has been able to travel more than usual... and she has been traveling a lot.

Well, moral of the story, Mom and Dad are in the process of bringing us home another sibling and it is harder than I remember, but of course always worth it!

1 comment: