So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Gah! Adoption Update!

I'm so sorry!  I have been remiss in my updating duties!  I think most of you who read my blog are on my email list but just in case!

Alex and Dad made it home safely last Friday night near midnight.  There was a big group there to welcome them home off of the plane.  It was wonderful to see how many people were able to make it at such a late hour!

Alex is in the process of settling in, finding his place in the pecking order and learning English.  Mom and Dad bought him a version of Rosetta Stone that teaches a Ukrainian speaker English and he has started into those lessons.  There have been some language barrier issues, but nothing too serious yet.  He had a crash course in how to ride a bike this last week, quite literally from what I hear!  But from the last update I received he is riding quite well and trying to catch up with the boys in all their attempted stunts.

He seems to enjoy the farm and animals, though learning how to care for them is going to be a big lesson since he hasn't been around animals much before.  All of the kids have been awesome in their willingness to come together and show him the farm, how to do chores and how to have fun in his new home.

He is still facing some medical check-ups that are routine for all of our kids that have been adopted, so prayers that those go well is much appreciated!!!

Mom, Alex, and Hannah, Alex was tired!
I know it late but there you go!  Alex is home!!!

1 comment: