So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fun, Little Home Renovations

 While our apartment already feels pretty homey, there are always things that need replaced, updated or added.  Since you need them anyway, might as well make them fun, right?

One of the things we needed I wanted was a new summer quilt and an extra set of summer sheets.  While we have other quilts and comforters, we only really have one light enough to use in the summer down here, the same goes for the sheets, and I really wanted one to change out every now and then since our main season now is summer!  So here they are!  I like the bright yellow and it was much cheaper than its green neighbor that I also liked at Target but who didn't come with any shams.  I just liked the orange sheets and they will work with some of our other bedding.




 Our kitchen towels had finally reached that point where they weren't getting clean... and they still kinda smelled even after I washed them on hot.  Probably my fault somehow, but hey, they are almost five years old and I think that's a good long life for kitchen towels!  Here are my replacements!  I like the bright colors and they work well in my kitchen.  If they last as long as their predecessors I'll be very happy!
 This is a gadget I have been searching for for a couple years now and I'm SO excited about it!  I remember my aunt having something that looked like a mini mesh trampoline that she would use to dry clothes that couldn't go in the dryer and she didn't want to hang outside.  Needless to say I got some funny looks when describing this to sales people.  When my Mom was down we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and finally found something close, I feel better for our situation now.

This hangs on our door, can lay flat against the door and maximizes drying space because it 'stacks' the clothes.  So instead of having three out theses little racks spread across the living room, I just have this hanging on the door!

When we were shopping Mom suggested a different drying rack where you drape the clothes over it that folded up, with the though that I could use it on our covered porch.  Unfortunately after further consideration, we decided that probably won't work while we are here because it is just SO humid here in the summer I think clothes would take forever to dry outside.  Plus I can lay stuff flat on this one.

Thanks for enjoying my new gadgets with me!


1 comment:

  1. love the new stuff and the drying rack! i need one of those! everything looks so bright & cheery :)

    ReplyDelete