So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Strawberry Series: Save them for later!

We have started eating a LOT of smoothies for breakfasts the last year, and a tasty ingredient is strawberries!  Most of the strawberries that I got on sale found their way into quart freezer bags and into our tiny freezer.  We have access to my Granddaddy's deep freezer, so on our next trip near his house we are going to drop most of the berries off there for longer term storage.

Not only can we use these strawberries for smoothies down the road, but I get ambitious I can turn these into other yummy goodies, like jam or smooshed fruit.

What's that?!?! You've never heard of smooshed fruit?  Well stay tuned, I will introduce you next time to one of my favorite snacks and my attempt to make it at home!

2 comments:

  1. i want a deep freezer so bad! asked for an extra freezer f/m patrick for my birthday next month....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I'm so jealous Sarah! A deep freeze is on my wish list whenever we get a house, there really isn't a place for it where we are now...

    ReplyDelete