So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break: Part 3

The last day of my Mom's trip we spent here at home!  We got lots of rest and talking time and we even worked on a new project!  Unfortunately, I didn't get to take pictures of the prototype, so you will have to wait to find out what it was until I finish the new model!

Shane came in Tuesday night and Mom left Monday morning.  It was so hard to see her go, but I know we will get to visit again soon...

While hard to light, it made some tasty burgers!
In the mean time Shane kept us busy the rest of the week!  The first place we went was the beach, complete with a grill out on our new charcoal grill (an early anniversary present from my Mom!).  That evening we had our first experience with Bubba Gump Shrimp Company!  I have only seen jellyfish on the beach once in all of our times going there, but when we walked up the part of the beach where vehicles aren't allowed we saw a bunch! And they were strange lookn' too!  One of our friends later told us that they look like Portugese Man O' War jellyfish, so I'm grateful none of us walked through one!  I also saw something new this trip.  we always see those tiny shells at the beach and in your mind you know something used to live in them, but this time I actually saw them intact and moving!!!  Maybe because I've never been there when the tide was going out I hadn't seen it, but when a wave would move out you would see the sand bubble!  The little clam like critters would move around so their tops would stick out above the sand and they would stick their tongues out to catch whatever they could in the water flowing over them!  It was so fascinating!
It was a windy beach day!
The Burger Master!
JELLYFISH!!!
Yes I poked it... I couldn't help myself... I tried, really!
On to dinner!
Dinner was great desert was better!

1 comment:

  1. so fun! i love love love the beach :) and that is definitely a man of war. don't touch them! however, if you see the normal clear jellyfish ever washed up on shore and you can't see the tentacles they have dried up and you can play w/the little bodies w/out getting stung!

    ReplyDelete