So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Peaches, millions of peaches...

So, I harvested 30 trees, three times, weighing total fruit weight per tree, and taking a sub-sample of five fruit per quadrant - or twenty fruit per tree.  After each harvest, each fruit needed to be photographed, exterior color measured, interior color measured, firmness tested, and then more sub-samples taken for even more tests in the future.  All of this included many hours on my feet, several very late nights and dealing with multiple mushy, yucky, stinky peaches.

Needless to say, I'm really over peaches right now and may continue to be for quite some time, as such that's all I want to tell you about the event and am now going to try to forget it...

1 comment:

  1. oh wow--that sounds kinda awful! praying for you to be revived!

    ReplyDelete