So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Friday, May 10, 2013

30 weeks! Only 10 to go!


Again, this has been going so so fast!  

In the last two weeks I took the glucose screening... and failed by one point.  One point!?!?! Why is it always one point?  I was advised to go for the three hour test to see if I really have pregnancy diabetes, but after some serious research we've decided to opt out of that test.  Honestly after my research I doubt I will even bother with the first test in any subsequent pregnancies.  But more on that later.  Since my blood type is negative I also had my Rh shot during the same visit (fasting, drinking yucky orange stuff, drawing blood AND getting a shot all in the same day? Yep, you can bet I wasn't a very happy camper.).  I am happy we have this particular advancement and can't help but wonder how many miscarriages and stillbirths were caused by this mother/child blood incompatibility - but why does it have to hurt so much? 

During my 19 week ultrasound we discovered that my placenta was attached rather low.  This could be cause for concern during delivery if the placenta were to detach before Evie was born.  So at this most recent appointment we had another ultrasound to see if it has moved - and it has!  The placenta has moved well out of the way for delivery!  She also looked great, weighed close to 3.5 pounds and has hair!!!  She is already head down (like the good little girl I know she will be), and her butt is right under my ribs (which makes perfect sense with the movements I have been feeling).

Braxton Hicks have started up a lot sooner this pregnancy than last.  I've been having some on and off for the last couple weeks but this week they have been particularly intense - probably because I've been overdoing it :)

Cravings have also kicked up this week! I cannot seem to get enough Snickers or strawberries!  Strawberries are still a little high in this area but fortunately they should be going down in price soon, that just means I need more Snickers, right?!
Evie's tiny foot from the side!




















Hard to see, but that curly line down the middle is hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment