So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Smoothie King

 I love the eating habits I see developing in my little man!  Ever since he mastered a straw he has wanted some of our morning smoothies.  Once I realized how much he really liked them I started fixing him his very own glass (the mason jelly jar is just the right size for a little stomach and little hands - plus the lid helps keep spills down!).  Boy is he big stuff!  He loves doing what Mom and Dad do, and they drink smoothies!

At first I was worried that he wouldn't like all of the extra 'boosts' I put in (yougurt, spinach, kale, spirulina, kefir, beet juice, etc. - not all at the same time, but I try to put at least two 'boosts' in every smoothies), but so far he hasn't rejected a single one!  Possibly because I ate these while he was nursing, but more likely because he sees Chris and I eat them.  

We have been slow to introduce him to the raw milk and kefir, and I was honestly hesitant to do it at all yet since he is still so young.  However now that the cows have been on full grass for a few weeks and their systems are up to optimal we decided to start introducing them slowly - and smoothies were the perfect place to incorporate them.  Now that he has time for his tummy to get used to the new good bugs (and he has never had a problem with his stomach the whole time!) we have dispensed with store bought yogurt for our smoothies and are able to completely use our raw milk kefir, and Eb is now enjoying "cow milk" on a regular basis!

In addition to the smoothies, Eb loves fruit of all kinds, probably his favorite being blueberries or strawberries.  His favorite food ever is still cheese and he is a champ when trying new table food!  While I don't have him enjoying as many vegetables as I would like, I fel like we are off to a good start for a healthy eater!

Of course everything is better at Grandma's!

No comments:

Post a Comment