So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Herbs!


Before...
I have been itching to plant stuff ever since we moved in, but between being super busy and not sure what would do well down here we haven't gotten around to it... until now!!!  We finally have a few herbs on our patio as an experiment for what we can successfully grow!  I am very worried about the excess shade they receive from the porch roof and surrounding trees, but the need for something green has beaten out these concerns.

I love using our own basil for most of my pasta dishes and we also LOVE caprese salad, which needs fresh basil.  Chris has become really interested in growing herbs that can be used for home made teas, his favorite being mint tea, and I'm interested in more medicinal teas.  So our next two picks were Sweet mint and Lemon Balm.  Finally, I'm just a sucker for Lavender, it is so pretty growing and fresh crushed lavender is a really soothing scent to me. 

So those were our criteria and here are the results!

Chris' mint!

After!


            We will keep you updated on the progress and resulting yummy teas and treats!


I know we have a trowel somewhere, but I couldn't find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment