So many changes are around the corner, I want to keep you updated on what's going on!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Reminder of who I am...

Living in Florida can be wonderful.  Just yesterday I was able to pick a whole bunch of Blueberries, in April!  That has been so neat.  But, living here can also make one self conscious.  Almost every hour of every day you can see some fit, good looking person running on the sidewalks, often with too few clothes on.  I try not to pay too much attention to them, but more often than I like to admit my self-esteem takes a hit when I see them run by.  While I know I could be in better shape, I feel like I have a pretty healthy body image and I try to take care of myself, but sometimes I need stronger truths about my self worth than those measly reminders.  In case any of you ladies find yourselves in the same boat as me, maybe these will remind you of how absolutely awesome you are as well.

While I know my family and husband think I am beautiful, I should ultimately find my value in Christ alone.  I am a child of the king, who's love I cannot comprehend or grasp, who has made me His bride.  How cool is that!?  There are so many verses I could quote, but these have been on my mind most lately...

In Zephaniah, He rejoices over us with singing!

        The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.  (Zephaniah 3:17)

In Ephesians, He has made us His spotless bride, without wrinkle or blemish (yes that means Jesus doesn't notice that ugly pimple on your chin when He admires you!).


       Husbands love your wives, even as Christ loved the church, and gave Himself for it; that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that He might present to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. (Ephesians 5:25-27)

In Song of Solomon the bridegroom (a picture of Christ) declares:


       How beautiful you are, my darling, how beautiful you are! (Song of Solomon 1:15)

We are 'the apple of His eye' just like Jacob in Deuteronomy 32:10.


If you are ever tempted to doubt His love and acceptance, please remember:

      Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:35-39)

2 comments:

  1. love those verses--thanks for the!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely have these feelings in the US. But in Japan, I feel like a fat, lumbering ogre. I wear large or XL pants over there. I can't find bras, shoes, or hosiery that fit me. The armpits in most tops are too high and too tight. And the sleeves look shrunken.
    Whenever I'm feeling bummed about it, I just remember that those stick-women are actually jealous of my curves and natural D-cup. They look pre-pubescent next to me.

    Just remember that those girls, any of them, would give their right arm to have a devoted husband like yours.

    ReplyDelete